University of the Pacific
Bechtel International Center
Stockton, CA 95211
(209) 946-2246
Create Account
More Information
Fall: February 22
Spring: September 24
Program Search
Program Type:
Program Country:
Program Term:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I have to attend an information session?

A. No, attending an information session is not a requirement. However, information sessions cover the basics of education abroad at Pacific and allow plenty of time for your questions to be addressed. 

Q. What does 1 semester in residency at Pacific mean for the eligibility requirements?

A. "In residency" means you are taking classes on campus. You must have taken classes on campus at Pacific for at least one semester prior to studying abroad. "In residency" does not mean you are required to have lived on campus.

Q. Do I only need a 2.5 GPA for any program I want?

A. No. Although Pacific's GPA requirement for education abroad is a minimum of 2.5 (Pacific cumulative GPA), several programs require a higher GPA. For these programs, you must meet the program's higher GPA requirement in order to be eligible to apply to that program.

Q. How do I register for the Cross Cultural Training course (INTL 151)?

A. You can register for this course just as you would for most courses. 

Q. Do I have to take Cross Cultural Training the semester before I go abroad, or can I take it earlier?

A. You must take the CCT course prior to studying abroad, but you can take it as far in advance as you would like.

Q. Can I get an internship while I am abroad?

A. Many programs do offer internships abroad, usually to be done with classes concurrently. Programs do not always explicitly list specific internship opportunities on their websites or in their catalogs, so we recommend you contact the program you are interested in to inquire for further details regarding internship opportunities.

Q. Can I take courses abroad as Pass/No Credit?

A. No, courses abroad must be taken for a grade. The only exceptions to this are: 1. The only grading option offered for the course is Pass/No Credit (proof of this is required), and 2. A documented learning disability that negatively affects coursework abroad.

Q. I'm back from my semester abroad. How and when can I see my abroad grades?

A. Your program will send your transcripts to IPS. Once received, we will process them and the Registrar's Office will articulate the course, credit and grade information to your Pacific transcript. 

University of the Pacific Education Abroad Application Portal